Do you have a significant event coming up that you would like to promote in Palmerston?
Do you work for a community organisation or charity that's looking for a new way to get your message out there?
To assist our community with spreading awareness within Palmerston, community groups and organisations can now request to light up various Council infrastructure to highlight special events, causes and days of significance, including lighting up the iconic Palmerston Water Tower!
Requests for consideration include:
- Significant local and regional events
- Historic events
- Events of City, State, National or International significance.
For further information on this program, read the Lighting Up Palmerston Policy available here.
Please note that lighting will not be considered for commercial entities or personal occasions.
The Palmerston Water Tower was lit in yellow for National Road Safety Week in 2020.
What can I request to light up?
If you are organising or representing a special event, cause or day/week of significance, you may be eligible to light up the following Council assets:
- Palmerston Water Tower
- Frances Drive Light Pole
- Memorial Park Light Poles (will require approval from the Palmerston RSL)
- Palmerston Recreation Centre
Please note that the City of Palmerston Library is scheduled to receive external lighting upgrades in the near future and will be added to this list.
Requests can be made for one night up to seven nights (one week).
We have the capability to light up Palmerston in all the colours of the rainbow! Every effort will be made to match the requested colour that represents the event or cause.
There is no cost to the community for one colour lighting. Any extraordinary costs will need to be covered by the organisation making the booking and you will be notified of this beforehand.
Request to Light up a Council asset
Complete the online form to make your request.
Please note that making a request is not a guarantee that your event will be added to our Lighting Up Palmerston calendar. Thank you for your understanding.
Previous and current bookings
- Any annual events must be applied for and assessed each year; and requests will be responded to on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Lighting of Council assets will only be considered in honour of significant local and regional events, historic events, and extraordinary events/occurrences of City, Territory, and National or International significance.
- Lighting will not be considered for commercial entities or personal occasions.
- Requests for illumination to commemorate or honour an individual will not be eligible and would only be permitted by exception.
- Any annual events must be applied for and assessed each year; there will not be automatic renewals.
- Requests will be subject to availability and responded to on a first-come, first -served basis.
- Duration would typically be for a day, lasting up to a week if applicable.
- The event or awareness campaign must have a community benefit that aligns with outcomes in the Community Plan.
- To be eligible for consideration as a not-for-profit organisation, the organisation must provide a Registered Charity or Not-For-Profit Certificate from an Australian government charity and not-for-profit register.
- Applications will not be considered for individuals for their own purposes.
- All applications are subject to availability and the joint approval of the Chief Executive Officer and Mayor.