The first of its kind in the Northern Territory, Palmerston’s Gulwa Community Recording Studio offers local artists and musician a chance to showcase their talents.
The inclusive multi-purpose space is fitted with state-of-the-art equipment that can be used for sound and video recording, mixing and production, podcast recording, broadcasting, engagement programs, skills training, and as a rehearsal, workshop and event space.
The studio’s equipment is suitable from the novice artist right through to professionals and is available for individual or group hire as well as industry development initiatives.
Gulwa - meaning ‘to sing to everyone’ in Larrakia language.
Location: City of Palmerston Library
- Main recording room accommodating up to 8 people
- Control booth including storage area and seating for up to 4 people
- Hybrid Protools Engine
- Protools control surface
- Personal monitor system controller and module
- 8ch Microphone preamp
- Midi controller
- Host DAW computer
- Studio monitors and stand
- 32" 4k computer monitor
- Bluetooth keyboard for Mac
- Trackball mouse
- Silicon overlay for keyboard with protools shortcuts
- Small diaphragm condenser microphone
- Studio reflection filter
- Dynamic Instrument Microphone
- Dynamic handheld Microphone
- Large Diaphragm condenser microphone
- Drum microphone package
- Pop filter
- Passive DI
- Short and tall boom microphone stand
- 10m XLR cable
- 3m XLR cable
- 6m Instrument cable
- 3m Instrument cable
- 15m, 6ch multicore
The induction covers the fundamental operation of the recording studio. It does not cover recording and mixing techniques but provides the basic knowledge to get started in the studio.
On completion of the induction session, you will be able to book the recording studio.
- Refundable deposit: $200.
- Commercial and private individuals and organisations: $50 per hour.
- Community and not-for-profit individuals and organisations: $10 per hour
City of Palmerston adheres to the Northern Territory Government guidelines minimum distance of 1.5m and maximum number of people at any one time. Council will require a copy of your COVID-19 Safety Plan checklist which you can apply for here.