City of Palmerston provides financial support through the Community Benefits Scheme by offering grants, donations and scholarships.
There is a range of funding available for a number of initiatives which meet the outcomes set out in the City of Palmerston Community Plan.
The Grants, Donations, Scholarships and Sponsorship policy provides further information on the funding available. Please download and read the policy before applying.
Applications can be made to Council at any time throughout the financial year.
- Grants and donations
Support to a community organisation carrying out a project or activity, the purchase of material or environmental initiatives* in which benefits the community.
Download applications for:
*All environmental initiatives may require businesses to contribute 50% of the expected costs.
- Apply in writing and include a completed application form of the appropriate category.
- Include details of the project, event, or materials needed.
- Include details of need of financial or in-kind support.
- Identify how the proposed activity/event/item relates to the goals and strategies in the Community Plan and how it benefits the Palmerston community.
For further eligibility details please download the policy.
- Environmental initiatives
Council is committed to helping our community become more environmentally sustainable, and supports initiatives that promote renewable and sustainable practices.
Initiatives may include:
- Waste reduction strategies (reducing non-recyclables or single use containers)
- Water or energy efficiency opportunities
- Rehabilitation of the environment (native planting/litter collection)
Whilst funding is typically aimed at community groups, there are opportunities for commercial entities to request grant funding, where they will contributes at least 50% of the project cost and demonstrate the environmental and community benefits of the proposal.
Eligibility details and application forms can be found under grants and donations.
Graffiti Removal Grant
Council funding of up to $500 is available to support graffiti removal projects being undertaken by community groups.
Download an application form here.
If you are not eligible for the Graffiti Removal Grant funding, you may be able to take advantage of Council’s other support options for graffiti removal. More information can be found here.
Support funding for a community club or organisation which assists with the provision of events and activities.
Where recurring annual sponsorship is agreed upon, the organisation must comply with criteria set out in the agreement, and Council must resolve to provide the recurring funding.
- Representation Support
Supporting individuals and teams in sporting or other challenges that are representing Palmerston, the Northern Territory or Australia.
To assist with representation within the Northern Territory, interstate or overseas:
- individuals may apply for up to $250 and
- teams may apply for up to $2,000
Funding is limited to one payment per financial year and individuals must be Palmerston residents; or teams must be Palmerston based.
Supporting individuals from Palmerston dedicated to furthering their study in an accredited field.
- Annual School Awards
Council will provide the sum of $100 annually to all schools within the municipality for the purpose of a City of Palmerston Community Service Award, to be awarded at the time and under the criteria deemed fit by the recipient school.
Schools will be invited to apply for the funding by submitting details requested. Only schools responding to invitations as requested will be awarded funding.
- Download the relevant application form
- Review the Grants, Donations, Scholarships and Sponsorships policy and the Community Plan.
- Complete all requests on the application form
- Submit your written application form by either:
- Email: email@example.com
- Post: City of Palmerston, PO Box 1, Palmerston NT 0831
- In Person: Level 1, Civic Plaza, 1 Chung Wah Terrace, Palmerston
For more information
If you would like to talk to someone about your project or your application, please contact the Community and Culture team on 8935 9975 or firstname.lastname@example.org