27 June 2021
Following advice from the Northern Territory Government, Palmerston is in a 48-hour lock down which commenced 1pm, 27 June 2021.
The City of Palmerston wishes to advise the closure of the following facilities;
• The Palmerston Swimming & Fitness Centre
• Archer Transfer Station
• City of Palmerston Library
• Palmerston Recreation Centre
• Durack Community Arts Centre
• Council offices including Civic Plaza and
• the cancellation of all community events and activities scheduled during this period including Citizenship Ceremonies, Pop Up Parks and School Holiday Programs.
Kerbside bin collection will continue as normal throughout the lock down period.
Other essential council services such as pound management and emergency on-call officers will continue and officer’s will be contactable throughout the lock down period.
Many Council services are available online including library services such free e-books, eAudiobooks, eMagazines and other online resources. Library membership is free and able to be completed online.
Mayor Athina Pascoe- Bell said: “Council services that are essential will continue throughout the lock down period. I encourage everyone to stay home, remain calm and look out for your neighbours, particularly those who may require assistance over the next 48 hours."
“Remember to keep social distancing if you are out exercising. Wear a face mask, and wash your hands or use hand sanitiser frequently."
“48 hours is only a short period of time. Use the opportunity to spend quality time with your family.”
For more information, visit www.palmerston.nt.gov.au
– ENDS –
Becky Saywell – 0427 548 014