The City of Palmerston wants to hear from you about the proposed multipurpose community hub servicing the Zuccoli community and surrounding Palmerston suburbs. The community hub will create a space where residents of the area can come together to relax, connect and share experiences.
City of Palmerston has been awarded a land grant from the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics (DIPL), which is 46.95 hectares and located on the corner of Tuckeroo Boulevard and Zuccoli Parade. After identifying a lack of facilities for residents around this area, City of Palmerston plan to develop this lot into an exciting multipurpose community hub and has engaged Architects to develop a master plan.
The projects lifespan is five years and will be developed progressively throughout this time. The initial development will include an off-leash dog park, new amenities and a temporary carpark, which will commence in 2021.
The remaining proposed plans will undergo a community consultation. There is currently limited facilities, parks or public use areas in Zuccoli and surrounds, and the community hub plans to fill this gap. It is suggested the hub will include;
- walking trails through and around the Mitchell Creek corridor providing an area to reconnect with nature and learn from the local environment
- fun and functional skate park and pump track for all ages
- boutique children’s library for children to come together and share in learning and creativity
- new playground to provide physical fun for local children
- community area for local groups to hold meetings, collaborate and share experiences
- garden of reflection for some quiet down time away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
The City of Palmerston would like to hear from the Palmerston community and community groups, as well as businesses and key stakeholders of the area about the proposed development.
|Palmerston Markets||Friday 15 October||5PM-8PM|
|Gateway Shopping Centre||Friday 22 October||4PM-8PM|
|Zuccoli IGA||Wednesday 27 October||3PM-6PM|
|Coolalinga Central||Sunday 31 October||10AM-1PM|
Community engagement will be open from Thursday 7 October to Friday 12 November 2021.
- Open This consultation is open for contributions.
- Under Review
- Closed This consultation is closed for contributions.