City of Palmerston is pleased to announce nominees of the prestigious Palmerston Australia Day Awards.
These annual awards honour individuals, groups and voluntary organisations who have demonstrated exceptional dedication, leadership, and service to the Palmerston community.
Nominees were celebrated at a special cocktail event at Gray Community Hall, on Tuesday 23 January. Proceedings commenced with a touching Welcome to Country by Mary Williams, before nominees were presented with their own Certificate of Achievement acknowledging their remarkable contribution to the community. Award categories and nominees are:
Community Event of the Year
• Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Childrens Day, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Childrens Day Committee
• Be Inclusive Games, Clubhouse Territory Inc
• Eat Up Project, Rotary Club of Litchfield/Palmerston Inc
• Palmerston Park Run Volunteers, Palmerston Park Run
• Riding for the Disabled Top End Open Day, Riding for the Disabled
• RSPCA Millions Paws Walk Palmerston, RSPCA
• STRIVE – Women Pushing Through Boundaries, Yolanda Kanyai
• TET (Vietnamese New Year), Australian Vietnamese Family Association Inc
• Walk to Remember, AmberNT
Young Citizen of the Year
• Jessica Porter
• Shrenina Rajbhandari
• Elorah Ryan
Citizen of the Year
• Neville Driver
• Xuan Duong Bui
• Jacqui Meggitt
• Kym Rhook
• Priyantha Wickremasena
City of Palmerston Mayor, Athina Pascoe-Bell, said: “The Citizens of the Year Cocktail Party is our way of thanking all nominees of the Palmerston Australia Day Awards for their selfless efforts and valuable contribution to our community.”
Winners of the prestigious Palmerston Australia Day Awards will be announced on Friday, 26 January 2024, at a special citizenship ceremony from 1pm at the Palmerston Recreation Centre.
City of Palmerston extends its sincere congratulations to all nominees and expresses its gratitude for their outstanding contributions to our community.
To read more information about the Palmerston Australia Day Awards, visit palmerston.nt.gov.au
– ENDS –
Media Contact: 0427 548 014