City of Palmerston wants to hear from you about the proposed revitalisation of the Palmerston pool. The proposed upgrades will ensure that we continue to cater for the needs of our diverse local community by creating a contemporary year-round aquatic leisure centre.
Watch the animated concept design of the proposed upgrades and revitalisation.
About the proposed upgrades
The proposed SWELL (Swimming, Wellness, Events, Leisure, Lifestyle) master plan is part of Council’s strategic vision to provide Palmerston residents with a contemporary and family friendly, water and lifestyle precinct.
The proposed upgrades will include a purpose built learn to swim and wellness program pool and family-friendly activity features for all ages and abilities, as well as an adventure play zone unlike any others in the Top End.
List of proposed improvements
Key features of the proposal include:
- Refurbished 50 metre pool with compliant entry ramp and starting platforms that will improve accessibility for all members of the community.
- A dedicated warm water program pool to support increased physical activity for the community that will improve aquatic safety skills and overall wellness needs.
- Toddlers zero depth and play pool to promote physical activity through fun, whilst providing an area for water familiarisation and exploration.
- An aquatic adventure play structure to provide activity opportunity for our youth, and the young at heart, ensuring that there are facilities for all ages and social groups.
- New amenities to provide accessible and inclusive facilities bringing the centre in line with current contemporary approaches to provision of sanitary facilities.
- New café to provide a social hub and meeting place increasing the sense of community as well as economic outcomes.
- Energy efficient, modern pool plant and equipment to provide operational eﬃciencies and water hygiene to contemporary standards.
Have your say
City of Palmerston would like to hear from Palmerston Swimming and Fitness Centre stakeholders and users as well as Palmerston residents and community groups about the proposed upgrades.
Provide your feedback
Phone: 8981 6445
Take the online survey
Wednesday 30 September, 11.00am-1.00pm, Palmerston Swimming & Fitness Centre (school holiday program-Slip and Slide event)
Friday 2 October, 5.00pm-8.00pm, Palmerston Markets
Saturday 3 October, 3.00pm-5.00pm, The Palmerston Youth Centre (school holiday program-Family Open Day)
Wednesday 14 October, 11.00am-2.00pm, Palmerston Shopping Centre
Saturday 17 October, 10.00am1.00pm, Palmerston Gateway
Tuesday 27 October, 9.00am-11.00am, Palmerston Recreation Centre (Children’s Week Event)
Community engagement will be open from Wednesday 16 September to Wednesday 28 October 2020.
- Open This consultation is open for contributions.
- Under Review
- Closed This consultation is closed for contributions.