By ‘Taking the Pledge’ to reduce contamination in your yellow top ‘recycling’ bin you can be eligible for gift vouchers valuing up to $1,200.
What is contamination?
Over the past year only 25% of the material we have put in our recycling bins have been sent for recycling. This is because the other material is contaminated with things such as food scraps, plastic bags, and nappies! This has meant that over 1000 kilograms of potentially recyclable materials have been deposited at the Shoal Bay Tip.
What can you do?
Register for the ‘Take the Pledge’ competition and pledge to:
- Understand what can and cannot go into the recycling bins.
- Rinse all food containers before putting them in the bin.
- Put all items loose into the recycling bins, not in bags.
How does the ‘Take the Pledge’ competition work?
To be involved, simply register for the program using the online form below where you will be automatically entered into the draw to win a $25 Event Cinema voucher.
Further vouchers can be won over the course of the competition by ensuring your recycling bin is free of contamination. Random inspections of recycling bins will occur to identify the winners.
The competition runs from August to December 2020.
How to register:
Online: using the online form below.
In-person: Attend Council's free Brekkie in the Park event on Sunday 2 August 2020 from 8.00am-10.00am, at Eric Asche Park, Inverway Cct, Farrar. Come along for some great giveaways!
- Terms and Conditions
- Entry is available only to City of Palmerston residents.
- City of Palmerston employees and their immediate family are ineligible to enter.
- All Palmerston Council residents who pledge their commitment will go in the draw to win a $25 Event Cinemas Gift Card.
- A total of 50 prizes will be available over the competition period.
- All entrants must submit using the City of Palmerston ‘Take the Pledge’ online form located on the City’s website. Only residents who have completed and submitted a Take the Pledge form can enter.
- No responsibility will be accepted for late, or misdirected entries or entries sent but not received by The City of Palmerston.
- All Palmerston Council residents who pledge their commitment will be sent sticker/s to place on their yellow lidded recycling bin to demonstrate commitment to reducing landfill.
- Only bins with the Pledge sticker will be able to be included in the judging.
- Pledges received via the online form will be organised by the judges into groups defined by collection day.
- A collection day will then be selected by random, with up to 10 households within that group chosen at random for inspection.
- The selected households will be allocated a number from 1 up to 10 and inspected in order from number 1 to 10. The first 5 houses inspected in the group deemed by the judges to be recycling effectively will be selected as the winners. Winners will receive a letter and voucher in their letterbox.
- The competition will take place from August 2020 to December 2020. Residents will be notified prior to bin inspections.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.