All dogs in the Palmerston Municipal area must be registered annually. Registration ensures Council can contact you if your dog goes missing.
Council are now accepting dog registration for the 2020/2021 registration period. Registration renewal notices will be sent to residents in August, with payments due 1 September 2020.
If you are yet to receive your dog registration renewal notice, it is on it's way! City of Palmerston apologise for the late arrival. Payments can still be made without your renewal notice - speak to our Customer Service Team on 8935 9922 or in person at Council's office.
For residents paying dog registration renewals online who are a concession card holder, please contact Council on 8935 9922 to make the payment.
Palmerston residents who have registered/renewed their dog for the 2020/21 financial year by close of business on Thursday 1 October 2020 are automatically entered into a draw to win a $100 gift card.
1st : K. Mitchell, Durack
2nd: L. Fuss, Rosebery
3rd: C. Schembri, Farrar
- Terms and Conditions
- The competition is open to resident of Palmerston only.
- Palmerston residents who have registered/renewed their dog for the 2020/21 financial year by close of business on Thursday 1 October 2020 are automatically entered into a draw to win a $100 gift card.
- Each dog registered/renewed automatically received an entry into the competition.
- City of Palmerston employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- The winner will be drawn at random by a City of Palmerston representative by the 3rd October 2020, at Council’s Office, Civic Plaza, 1 Chung Wah Terrace, Palmerston. The prize winner will be contacted via their nominated phone number as detailed on their registration form.
- Winners will be noted on City of Palmerston website.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non- transferable. If for any reason a winner does not collect their prize withing 90 days, the prize will be forfeited.
- It is a condition of entry that the entrants agree for their personal information (Name and Suburb) to be used in any promotion relating to the competition.
Registration renewals payment can be made at Council's Customer Service or online via the 'Pay Online' quicklink on our homepage.
For new registrations, payment can be made at Council's Customer Service. Registration forms are available at Customer Service or download the registration form.
The standard annual fee per sterilised/ de-sexed dog, per entire dog can be found here.
If a resident has moved to Palmerston from any other Northern Territory council, City of Palmerston will transfer for the remainder of the registration period free of charge where evidence of current registration is provided.
Council offers free registration for desexed and microchipped dogs that have been adopted through community groups during their first financial year.
A licence to keep more than two dogs is required, please contact our Rangers for information about the application process on 8935 9977. A license will be issued following an approval process. Fees apply.
Any change to your dog's details (e.g. change of address, death) needs to be reported to Council to ensure our records are up to date.
This concession only applies to dogs that are desexed, microchipped and reside within the Palmerston municipality. The owner of the dog/s will need to provide proof of adoption when submitting registration paperwork to Council.
Cats do not need to be registered in Palmerston.