Temporary pet parks
Two temporary off-leash dog exercise areas have been set up. as part of Council's return to a new normal road map. These walk-up areas give easier access for owners and their furry friends to get a workout while adhering to social distancing requirements.
The trial locations are:
Maurice Park in Bakewell.
Temple Terrace in Gray (an open space section)
- Bitches in season are not permitted.
- Pick up after yourself and your pet (pet poo bags are available from the dispenser on site).
- Keep the gate to the car park shut at all times to avoid accidents
- Give consideration to other park users, do not allow your dog to interfere or cause a nuisance to others.
During May, the City of Palmerston Ranger team ran a colouring-in competition, with four 4 age group categories: under 5, 5-10, 11-18 and 18 plus.
There was one winner in each age category.
Prizes include: City of Palmerston lead, poo bags and 1 x $50.00 voucher of the winner’s choice from either Petbarn Palmerston or Aussie Pooch Yarrawonga.
Winners were notified by phone by Wednesday 3 June 2020 and are announced here on our website.
5-9 years: S. Jones, Durack
10 years: S.Rea, Gunn
11-18 years: A. Flanagan, Rosebery
18 plus: A.Ripp, Gunn
No entries were provided for the under 5 category.
- Terms and conditions of entry
- To enter the competition, you must be a resident of Palmerston to be eligible.
- The competition runs from Tuesday 5 May to Friday 29 May 2020.
- City of Palmerston employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- The City of Palmerston’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
- Prize winners/guardians of winner will be contacted via nominated phone number.
- Prize winners have the option of selecting 1 x $50.00 voucher of their choice for to either Petbarn Palmerston or Aussie Pooch Yarrawonga only.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable. If for any reason a winner does not collect their prize within 90 days, the prize will be forfeited.
- It is a condition of entry into the competition that entrants agree for their personal information (name and suburb) to be used in any promotion relating to the competition.