Monday, 19 August 2019
Council is seeking an additional independent member to join the Risk Management and Audit Committee.
The requirements of this role are:
- an understanding of local government and the environment in which it operates;
- knowledge and practical exposure including the ability to review and evaluate governance, financial management practices, internal controls and procurement;
- knowledge of regulatory and legislative requirements;
- an understanding of audit and risk management, including how it would relate to a public sector environment;
- demonstrated experience in roles that require high levels of financial literacy; and
- ability to maintain professional relationships with Elected Members, staff and other stakeholders.
An understanding of IT security and governance would also be desirable.
The position is for two years and is remunerated. The successful applicant would need to demonstrate their ability to commit to at least four meetings per year in person with the possibility of additional meetings should circumstances require. There may also be training sessions for Elected Members and staff required. Members are provided meeting agendas and reports in advance to ensure they are prepared.
The Terms of Reference for the Committee can be found here.
Applications are to consist of a letter of no more than 2 pages addressing the criteria above, along with a copy of the applicant’s CV.
For further information, or to apply, please contact Council’s Director of Governance and Regulatory Services, Chris Kelly at email@example.com or 8935 9971.
Applications must be in writing and received by 5.00pm on Tuesday 10 September 2019.