The Northern Territory Electoral Commission is an independent government agency responsible for the conduct of Local Government Elections.
The next Local Government General Election will be held on Saturday 28 August 2021.
If you are passionate about what happens in your local community, becoming an Elected Member is an exciting opportunity to make a difference and to represent the interest of Palmerston residents.
To find out more information about local government elections, how to enrol to vote, how to vote, when to vote and how to nominate as a candidate go to the Northern Territory Electoral Commission website.
2021 Local Government Election Candidate Information Session
In the lead up to the Northern Territory Local Government elections Council will host an information session for potential candidates to learn more about the role and purpose of local government.
The session will provide information on the role of Council, Elected Member responsibilities, electoral process and provide an opportunity for potential candidates to:
- Identify the key requirements of becoming an Elected Member;
- Recognise how the role fits in with other roles and levels of government;
- Address key expectations, potential challenges, and benefits of becoming an Elected Member;
- Be aware of key commitment dates; and
- Understand the laws for the placement and removal of election signage when campaigning.
Date: Thursday 15 July 2021
Time: 5.30pm to 6.30pm followed by public question time
Location: Palmerston Recreation Centre, 11 The Boulevard Palmerston NT
Anyone interested in nominating is invited to attend.
For additional information or any enquiries please email Governance on email@example.com.