Our health and fitness program Activate is currently under review. 2021 program dates will be available soon.
The program offers Palmerston and rural participants a taste of the range of physical activities available in the community, catering for all fitness levels and abilities.
COVID-19 NOTE: Important message for participants
- Keep 1.5m distance between yourself and others.
- Ensure you regularly wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Clean all equipment before and after use.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend any Activate sessions.
- All attendees must bring a large towel to each session.
Timetables for each block will be available at least one week prior to each block commencing here and on the Activate Facebook page.
How to join?
Activate registrations are currently closed. Check back soon for any updates.
Want to be involved?
Offers of supply for the 2021 program are closed. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I register?
Register online via our website.
- Do I have to register for each block?
YES, you must register at the start of each block. You must then show your registration details for each block to the instructor at the classes you attend.
- Can I register at any time?
You can only register for one block at a time. Registrations for each block will open approximately one week before it commences. Registrations for Block 2 close on July 20, 2020.
- How long do the blocks run for this year?
In 2020 we will be offering 3 blocks that each run for 8 weeks. Between each block there will be an 8-week break before the next block starts.
- What do I need to bring with me to classes?
This information is contained on the Activate timetables located on the website.
- Do I have to book for the classes?
Some classes do require bookings, while others do not. Information on booking requirements and contact details are contained in the block timetables located on the website. Please note: bookings are made direct with suppliers, not the Activate team.
- What if I haven’t done the activity before?
Great! Activate is all about trying out new things to see if you like them. All of the suppliers must scale the workout to suit beginners, so get out there and give it a go.
- How do I keep up to date with the program?
The Activate Facebook page is the easiest way to keep up to date with the program and be notified of any last minute changes or cancellations. We also send out an e-newsletter with updates a few times during each block.
- Can I bring children to the classes?
Some classes are child friendly while others offer creche. Limited detail on this is contained in the timetable but if you would like more information it is best to contact each supplier direct.
If your child would like to participate in a class but is under the age of 16, please contact the supplier directly to discuss their ability to participate in that specific class. Unfortunately for insurance purposes however they will be unable to register for the Activate Program.
- Can I bring along a friend who isn’t registered?
Anyone that attends Activate sessions must be a registered participant for insurance reasons.
- I have more questions, who do I contact?
Phone (08) 8935 9943 or email: email@example.com and we will assist you with any other queries you may have.