Activate is an 8-week health and wellbeing program running from Monday 29 March until Sunday 23 May 2021. The program offers Palmerston and rural participants a taste of the range of physical activities available in the community, catering to all fitness levels and abilities.
A $20 per person, per block fee is payable upon registration and provides unlimited access to classes within the program. Registrations will open on Monday 22 March. A reduced concession fee of $10 is applicable to seniors (60 years and over) or those who hold a Health Care Card.
The program for Block 1 will be available from Monday 22 March 2021.
COVID-19 NOTE: Important message for participants
- Keep 1.5m distance between yourself and others.
- Ensure you regularly wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
- Sign in to each session to record your attendance
- Clean all equipment before and after use.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not attend any Activate sessions.
- All attendees must bring a large towel to each session.
How do I register?
You can register for the Activate program via Eventbrite, please click here to be redirected to the Eventbrite website.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I register?
Register online at Eventbrite. Please click the link to be redirected to the Eventbrite website
- Do I have to register for each block?
YES, you must register at the start of each block. You must then show your ticket details for each block to the instructor at the classes you attend.
- Can I register at any time?
You can only register for one block at a time. Registrations for each block will open approximately one week before it commences.
- How long do the blocks run?
Each block runs for 8 weeks.
- What do I need to bring with me to classes?
This information is contained on the Activate timetables located on the website.
- Do I have to book for the classes?
Some classes do require bookings, while others do not. Information on booking requirements and contact details are contained in the block timetables located on the website. Please note: bookings are made direct with suppliers, not the Activate team.
- What if I haven’t done the activity before?
Great! Activate is all about trying out new things to see if you like them. All of the suppliers must scale the workout to suit beginners, so get out there and give it a go.
- How do I keep up to date with the program?
The Activate Facebook page is the easiest way to keep up to date with the program and be notified of any last minute changes or cancellations. We also send out an e-newsletter with updates a few times during each block.
- Can I bring children to the classes?
Some classes are child friendly while others offer creche. Limited detail on this is contained in the timetable but if you would like more information it is best to contact each supplier direct.
If your child would like to participate in a class but is under the age of 16, please contact the supplier directly to discuss their ability to participate in that specific class. Unfortunately for insurance purposes however they will be unable to register for the Activate Program.
- Can I bring along a friend who isn’t registered?
Anyone that attends Activate sessions must be a registered participant for insurance reasons.
- I have more questions, who do I contact?
Phone (08) 8935 9943 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you with any other queries you may have.