Every March, Parks Week highlights the vital role parks play in creating liveable cities, thriving communities and promoting community wellbeing.
Why are parks and open spaces so important?
- Visiting parks is good for your physical and mental well-being
- Healthy parks are an essential ingredient for healthy people
- Parks support health and well-being, enhance the ability to cope with and recover from illness and injury and help to reduce the risk of chronic disease
- Parks build stronger and connected communities by providing places where people come together for leisure
- Parks provide environmental benefits to our cities
To learn more visit Parks Week.