In response to the widespread impacts, both financial and wellbeing, at its 7 April 2020 Ordinary Meeting, Council decided to assist our community by temporary modifying the Community Benefit Scheme to offer the following:
- Applications for funding up to $5,000 will now be considered by the CEO, which makes the consideration process faster. Application is via online form.
- More general-purpose community benefit funding is now available to access as we have combined all current funding.
Council wishes to actively assist businesses and community organisations offering services and support to residents experiencing hardship due to pandemic restrictions affecting people’s incomes and access to services.
Community Groups and Organisations - Do you have a great plan to provide direct, immediate assistance to our community while we are experiencing the CVID-19 pandemic? Even if your organisation has been successfully funded for a project from Council’s Community Benefit Scheme this financial year, you can still apply now as we really want to get assistance out where and when the community needs it.
Application is via the usual forms.
- Must submit a copy of the sponsorship package which details all levels/categories of sponsorship including costs and benefits.
- Must identify how the proposed activity/event/item relates to the goals and strategies in the Community Plan and how it benefits the Palmerston community.
- Is responsible for the appropriate display of Council’s branding, as deemed appropriate by the Chief Executive Officer or Council.
- Must permit the City of Palmerston to attend funded event/program for the purpose of taking photos and/or video recording. Council will seek permission from the individual/s photographed or recorded.
- Include a completed Community Benefit Scheme application form of the appropriate category.
Where recurring annual sponsorship is agreed upon, the organisation must comply with criteria set out in the agreement, and Council must resolve to provide the recurring funding.
All applicants must complete the Sponsorship Application Form and attach it to the written application.