Council offers two types of waste and recycling collection services:
Each Household is provided with:
- a 120 litre red lidded bin for household waste, collected twice a week
- a 240 litre yellow lidded bin for recycling, collected fortnightly
Bins need to be placed on the verge by 7.00am on the relevant collection days.
All bins are to be removed from the verge within 24 hours of collection. Rubbish bins must not permanently remain on the kerb.
Unit complexes are provided with:
- a 240 litre red lidded bins for household waste, collected four times a week on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- a 240 litre yellow lidded bins for recycling, collected every Thursday
Unit complex bins are collected from the bin enclosure and do not need to be placed on the kerb, contractors will retrieve and return bins from the specific enclosures.
Find out what your bin day is and download Palmerston's waste collection calendar for 2023 - 2024 here
As a Palmerston resident you can apply for a new bin if:
- You have built a new home and need a new service.
- Your bin has been stolen.
- Your bin has been damaged.
- You require an upgrade from a 120L general waste bin to a 240L general waste bin (some additional charges may apply).
Please complete the online below. Alternatively, please contact Council on (08) 8935 9922.
If your bin has been missed, please complete the online form below or contact Council on (08) 8935 9922.